Monday, January 07, 2008

Venting in Vientiane

I actually don't need to vent. I just wanted to include alliteration in my title. Although my feet are sore after walking from Wat to Wat during the day. What Wat? you may be asking? Well, Wats are Buddhist temples and there are a lot of Wats in Vientiane.

The flight up from Pakse was uneventful. At least I didn't have to pay for food - my jam sandwich and mandarin were free, which was good. Get with the program, Jetstar! And Lao Airlines doesn't give a shit about the 100ml shampoo bottle in my carry on either.

Bit to early to give feedback on Vientiane, but the food has been good. We grabbed some noodles from a street seller, which upon closer inspection appeared to have bits of kidney in it. But I fished the brown bits out and the noodles were really good. We had french food tonight (Laos was once part of French Indochina) and the food was fantastic. I couldn't finish my souffle. The whole thing cost $14. Bargain. Lonely Planet says that Vientiane has some of the best quality-to-value food on earth, and it certainly looks that way!

Still no photos. Am on dial up speed here.

No comments: