Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I lost my hat.

My mum will be pleased that it's not my passport, but I have lost my faithful hat. It was one I bought in St John's when I was in Canada. I went into a store that was selling Free Newfoundland merchandise - a lighthearted movement aimed at separating that province from the rest of Canada. I liked the hat. It was comfortable and meant I could tell stories about joining the Free NFLD movement and fighting for independence from the oppressive Canadian confederacy.

Anyway, it's somewhere in the Indian Ocean now no doubt. I left it on the beach in Ko Similan National Park. I was distracted after rolling over and breaking my new sunglasses and left in on the beach as I scrambled for some sticky tape to fix them.

I have new sunglasses now. A brand new pair of designer sunnies that cost me $10... they'll last longer than the sticky tape at least.

So it looks like I'll have to go back to St John's to get a new hat. Or find a new independence movement to join.

No comments: