Sunday, January 06, 2008

As we speak...

Three monks are surfing the internet right behind me. I sneakily took a picture - wasn't game to ask. Only in Pakse, eh?

This computer is slow. The space bar doesn't work, and I have to press ALT 64 to get an @ sign... So this will be brief.

Went down to Wat Phu today, which is about 45 km south of Pakse. After visiting the temples at Angkor in Cambodia, I was interested to see how they would compare. Despite not being as impressive as Angkor, the absence of the 'you want cold drink!!?!' women was a plus. This Wat was also spread up a mountainside and the view at the top down over the temple and out towards the Mekong River was well worth it. The trip across the Mekong on the wooden ferry was also an experience!

Am enjoying Pakse. The monks are sitting next to me now! How bout that?

Am sick of this keyboard. Will write more in Vientiane - will get there tomorrow.

No comments: