Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Separate ways

After spending a few days in Khao Lak and an overnight camp in Ko Similan national park (Yes, Gab, I camped!!) Jen and I have gone our separate ways. She's heading off to Chiang Mai, then over to Vietnam and Cambodia. She still has a few months of travel left. I only have a few days. My new job in the NT won't start until the 4th. I'll go back to my old one next week, but there's no rush to get back. So I've changed my flights and will stay the weekend here. Better at a beach I can actually swim at without getting killed by stingers or crocodiles. Plus the weather is better.

I get back to Darwin at 4:30am on Tuesday, and start work at 8:00. Luckily, I have a cold so I should be able to legitimately leave work early for a sleep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
You missing your travel companion yet? This mosquito bitten traveller (approx 56 bites at last count) is very much appreciating her friend, financial advisor, career counsellor, courrier, roommate, and jester! Thanks again for a great 3 weeks!
Jen xo

Rod Murray said...

Sounds like the 2 of you had an excellent adventure. Like all good things, they come to an end and another adventure begins.
Steve- have a great Australia Day! Enjoy being back to work...NOT
Jen- safe travels! Keep us all posted on your next adventure.