Monday, January 15, 2007

Patong Beach

Blogger has been p!ssing me off lately... I've struggled to log on.

Well, what to say of Patong? It's probably not as bad as I was expecting, but it's still a shit hole designed for tourists. And sleazy tourists at that. I would've avoided the place altogether (Nai Thon was much nicer) but it was a necessary trip to sort out future accommodation for the rest of the trip. And it's not a bad place to do a bit of souvenir shopping. The hotel I'm staying at is a bit out of the way and the markets nearby are much cheaper than in the main tourist strip.

The worst thing about this place is the number of sleazy men with their prostitute companions. They are everywhere and it's bloody disgusting. And it's not just fat old men either, but younger guys who you expect to know better. It's horrible. I'm glad I'm travelling around with a work mate because if I wasn't I'd be out of here so fast, lest something think I was here for the same sick reasons as these pigs.

If you're gonna rent yourself some sex, then at least do it at home where the women have some semblance of choice between prostitution or some other way of making money. Here it's women with no options, no choices, no way of getting out of it.

It's fucking disgusting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here, here - I know what you mean! Looks like the place hasn't changed much since I was there 18 months ago. One thing I did notice that out at night there were more young guys walking around with (what they thought) were cute Thai girls. No doubt many of them got the shock of their lives when their 'cute Thai girls' turned out to be lady men! Look at the calves, look at the calves! Pretty gross stuff.

Thanks for getting the DVD's, very exciting. Enjoy Phi Phi, keep drinking those Tiger or Singha beers and think about us here at work when you see fat men wearing g-strings. That reminds me, if its not too late, can you pick up a copy of Borat?

Have fun!
Kaz :o)