Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Off again - destination Thailand

I had the best of intentions of re-hashing some old travel stories between trips (not that anyone would care, but you never know... maybe the right person will stumble upon this and give me a job as a full time travel writer... ha ha). But my procrastination got the better of me and it didn't happen.

But I am off to Singapore then Thailand in a few hours, using my prize from Tiger Airways for the ticket (though the prize didn't cover the tax, which was about half the cost of the entire fare!) The flight leaves at 3:05am, which is the worst time you could get because you can't go to sleep before hand (unless you're an early sleeper, which I'm not) and I can't sleep on planes. I got some sleeping aids from the chemist so I'll see how that works. Luckily I have 16 hours in Singapore to catch up on some sleep (and maybe go to the zoo since I won tickets to that as part of my prize.) Will see how it goes.

The other thing that sucks aboug Tiger (apart from the god awful times) is that there's open seating, so when you're at the airport you need to stand in the queue to get your ticket, then get in another queue to get on the plane (unless you want to get on last and risk being stuck between two corpulent strangers.) I don't get open seating. How is it cheaper for airlines to do this? I don't know.

Anyway, it's 11:45pm and I have about three hours until boarding...

No comments: