Thursday, January 11, 2007

Budgeting in Singapore

I don't think it's possible to write a thrilling and entertaining post from the budget terminal in Singapore. Not much to report. No troubles with customs... I figured I could try to do a 15 minutes of fame dig like Schapelle, but decided that extending the 15 minutes into 20 years in prison probably isn't worth it.

It cost me $9 for an orange juice at the hotel. I think if I was a citrus grower in Waikerie I'd be looking to exploit the OJ market in Singapore. I'd hate to think what it would've cost to add a bit of vodka to the glass...

About 2.5 hours until the next leg of the trip from Singapore to Phuket. Only 1 hour and 40 minutes, which is better than the four and a half hour leg from Darwin. Tiger Airways whacks in about 4 extra rows of seats that most airlines don't, so there is no leg room at all. And the plane was chocka-block. Dammit, I know god put me on this earth to be able to afford business class (or, Lord, possibly a private jet? Amen).

No comments: