Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chort

As tempting as it was to continue in the decadence of a 4.5 star resort, I pulled myself away for a trip to a local elephant park, with an opportunity to ride an elephant. Not particularly a goal of mine, but my travel buddy was keen to go, so I tagged along.

The elephant's name was Chort and he didn't seem to mind me sitting on his back (though the wooden 'seat' tied on with rope was a bit of a worry!) He was a bit of a disobedient elephant, but I didn't care. If he wanted to stop for a drink, I wasn't in a position to stop him!

So I've ridden an elephant. Not something I'm all that keen to do again. Just doesn't seem right to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, you certainly have a way with words! Move over Bill Bryson, Peter Mayle, Michael Palin and Eric Newby! Some people were keeping an eye on your website anxiously awaiting your final entries on your latest adventure. Your updates keep our mundane workdays a little more pleasant. Now...where are the photos?
Jenny