Sunday, October 14, 2007

Terror alert!

I had my toothpaste confiscated at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport on the flight up to Chiang Rai. The toothpaste contained 110mls, which was 10mls too many so I had to hand it over. Give me an effing break. Who does this rule inconvenience, really? The travellers who have to decant their liquids into 100ml containers before squeezing them into a zip-lock bag, that's who. Can't really see a terrorist saying, "Well holy shit, I was going to sneak on board this 500 mls of highly explosive liquid onto the plane, but now I have to separate it into five 100ml containters and it's all too hard. I guess a life as a blessed martyr isn't for me. Might go open a book shop instead..."

1 comment:

Rod Murray said...

I am assuming that since you haven't written that you have been thrown into the Bangok Hilton for that over the 100ml indiscretion...
It was a bummer going back to work and really feel that time is running out. This is my 3rd week back and I have so little desire to crank up my output- yikes- there are so many things we have to to before we go home and so little time. I better get my reports done 'cause i have to go to camp in a week, after we do Sydney for the Cup weekend.