Saturday, October 06, 2007

Not the greatest of starts...

Well, I made it to the airport in good time to find a bit of commotion at the Royal Brunei check in counter. Apparently the plane's windscreen cracked en route to Darwin, and had to turn back. The flight was cancelled, and we were rescheduled for flights on Tuesday.

Well that didn't suit so I asked them if I could cancel it and get a refund, and was told that I could. I headed home and managed to book seats on Tiger Airways to Singapore for early Monday morning. The good news with that is that Tiger was on sale, so I've managed to save a couple of hundred bucks. This, of course, assumes that Royal Brunei does what they say they will do, and refund my flight.

So, once I had all that sorted out and started psyching myself up for a 3:15 am flight on Monday morning, Royal Brunei calls and tells me that the flight will be going ahead at 10:30pm tonight. Unfortunately, Tiger doesn't allow cancellations, so I asked if I could still cancel my flights and they said yes.

No comments: