Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the road again

Or more accurately, in the sky again as I have over 19 flights over the next two months. That's the problem with using Frequent Flyer points, where the most direct route is rarely available and it takes three legs and twice the amount of time as it should. But it will be worth it to catch up with friends and family again and to take in a few more sights around the world.

I'm in Bangkok now and fly out to Helsinki in about three hours. It's the second longest leg at 10.5 hours, but hopefully I have scored myself an exit row which will make the flight more bearable. I asked for one and she says I have an exit row seat, but the seat map doesn't really look like it!

Nothing really to report at this stage. Flight to Singapore was fine. I had the exit row again, and an older lady was sitting right up against the emergency window. She couldn't lift her bag up into the overhead locker, so I helped her out before realising that in an emergency there was no way she could lift out the emergency window. She laughed when the the flight attendant asked her if she could manage, but considering the chances of anything going wrong are pretty slight, the flighty didn't move her.

One night in Singapore. Nothing exciting there. Went into the city for a look around and the bus trip took forever. Looks like there're setting up an urban race track.

First posts are always boring...

1 comment:

Rod Murray said...

Nineteen flights in one trip? Our downunder totalled 17 flights, times 4 people. That made me wonder about the carbon footprint of travelling so much. I found some good carbon footprint calculators which add up your flights and tell you how bad you are for choking the skies. I will have to feed you tofu or some other crap when you arrive to offset your carbon emissions.
Good thing were too poor to travel this year, 'cause I'm feeling guilty now for messing up the atmosphere.
Enjoy Europe. The beer is cheaper, I think.