Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Turku in the rain




I arrived in Turku yesterday and woke up this morning to a pretty dreary, miserably day. It was raining lightly but steadily, and I figured I'd head out and about anyway I was chatting to one of the cleaners in the corridor who asked me if it was winter in Australia, and I resisted the temptation to tell her that yes, it was winter in Australia but it was still warmer than Turku...

This trip has seen me reconnect with a few things. It's been the first time for quite awhile that I've been inside a church. It's also the first time in a long while that I've worn pants. I'll be honest and say that I haven't found God, but I have enjoyed the leg warmth that comes with wearing a good pair of pants.

I wandered up to Turku Cathedral, which dates from the 1300s (well, bits of it do). It was good respite from the rain, but was chock full of tourists.

Here are a couple of photos:




No comments: