Sunday, June 15, 2008

Helsinki

This is my first taste of Europe. Helsinki is a pretty good place, though I've only been looking around for a couple of hours. It has a good atmosphere and there's a lot of people out and about, no doubt enjoying the sunshine. The sun rises at four in the morning, and sets at a quarter to eleven at night. Winters must suck big time.



Pohojoisesplanadi (Finnish is a bugger of a language...)



Kauppatori - a tourist market where you can buy souvenirs or local foods including reindeer and seafood (I'm not sure I'm game to eat fish caught out of the Baltic Sea...)



Another view of Pohjoisesplanadi

I'll head out again for a bit more exploring after I've had a bit of a kip. My body clock is a bit out of whack. The good news is that with the long days, an afternoon sleep won't be a problem.

No comments: