Monday, December 31, 2007

Dim sum in Singapore

After a pretty cruisy 4 hour flight I've landed back in Singapore. I've been here a few times but this is probably the first opportunity to have a decent look around. I've tended to look at Singapore as a place to connect from one flight to another, but it's not such a bad place to spend a couple of days.

I've met up with an old friend from Toronto - Jen - who I met in Vinales, Cuba, while travelling with a bunch of exchange teachers in sunny Cuba to escape the Canadian winter. She's a pretty dedicated traveller, and I'm a bit worried about keeping up! This is Jen's first trip to Singapore and she's keen to have a look around, so I'm along for the ride.

Raffles Plaza - Singapore

We headed on the MRT (I wish Adelaide had one of these - not likely...) to Raffles Plaza, before heading into Chinatown for a bit of a look around. Had dim sum for lunch and it was great to be eating good Asian food in the place where it's meant to be eaten.


Chinatown

Will be off to Marina Bay for the fireworks tonight to see in the New Year. I don't think I'll be firing up too much - bugger all sleep last night, considering it was spent in airports and planes.


1 comment:

Ian said...

Hope you had a good New Years celebration in Singapore. Mum & Dad